Python Web Developer (Django/Flask)
GeoSolutions is looking for a Python Web Developer (Django/Flask) to work on back-end and front-end geospatial applications (including GeoNode).
This is a role that will grow significantly with the business.
- Partner with product leads, designers and engineers to develop reliable and well tested backend and frontend software.
- Deploy regular code releases to production and test environments.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior developers.
- Create and maintain frontend and backend applications and systems.
- 1+ years of experience in Software Engineering.
- Good knowledge of Python and the Django and/or Flask Web Framework.
- Experience writing unit and integration tests.
More on qualifications
- You are comfortable working independently, while functioning as part of a dynamic team that values collaboration, dialogue, development, learning, and growth.
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem.
- You are a person open to developing new ideas and contributing expertise, who enjoys challenges, seeks knowledge, and is a team builder.
- You can analyze product requirements, manage tasks and partner with your teammates to match the deadlines.
- You are motivated, creative, and empowering.
We offer a variety of contracts but, please, notice that our intention is to establish a long term relationship, although as a temporary solution we do accept freelance consultants.Working remotely is an option we envisage, although we will give priority to candidate closer to our office.